Its Chinese new year this Friday 31st - the year of the horse and according to legend the Horse is a symbol of travelling, as well a sign of speedy success because it can give individuals a ride to their destination! I'm a big fan of Chinese food and as you know love a theme so i thought I would put together a few ideas if you are planning an impromptu celebration!
- The Chinese consider red as their lucky colour so any celebration features red in abundance! Perhaps you have a few red napkins left over from Christmas or red candles that you can dig out.
- Consider using orchids or bamboo as a centre piece.
- Use Chinese takeout cartons or mini bowls (as below) and chopsticks on each place .
- A cute favour would be a little horse figure sprayed silver or gold.
- I love the idea of using glitter dipped fortune cookies and these mini umbrella name places.
- Make Chinese lanterns - Here are a number of great tutorials!
- Serve traditional food or get a takeaway!
Or download these fab printables from Birds Party here.
I hope I have inspired you to get your friends over for a Chinese new year celebration this weekend! Check out more inspiration on my Pinterest board.