June 28, 2013

Friday Home: Nursery Soft furnishings!

Well as I think I may have mentioned before we are in the middle of decorating the nursery ready for baby girls arrival! The room before was frankly a mess - I'll show you the before pics soon but it was basically a cream colour with pealing textured wall paper and dreary pinky red picture rails and a blue carpet! How we lived with this for three years I will never know!

The first thing we did was have the walls completely re plastered to get a smooth surface and then we painted them white. I knew I wanted to introduce colour in the furnishings and I didn't want it to look too busy. We also replaced the worn blue carpet with a neutral coloured one. It looks so much better already!

So we are in the middle of buying furniture, painting and assembling but I wanted to show you what we have chosen so far. This rug was the first thing I bought as its quite bold and I wanted to build the room around it. Its from Urban Outfitters and the pink is slightly darker than the picture but I am rather pleased with it. It really stands out!

Urban Outfitters

This is the fabric we have chosen for the curtains which is called Vintage Tickets from Fabric Rehab . I thought the orange and the pink would go nicely and I didnt want anything too babyish.  My mother in law is making them as we speak!

Fabric Rehab
 More on the nursery soon!

Happy Friday!

Rachie xo

2 lovely comments:

Kimberly Hughes said...

I love that colour combination - can't wait to see it, your choices so far are fab! :) xxx

Justin Saver said...

Yes youre right Kimberly the combination was great. But if your looking for great curtains fabric you can check some online site that offer made to measure curtains.