February 04, 2013

Poker Party!

I always think adult party themes are few and far between so when I come across a good one I always make it my mission to post it! Actually the hubs celebrates his 35th birthday this year so I think I'm going to keep this Poker Party by Cakes By Gitty that I found on Amy Atlas Events blog up my sleeve for September!

Now, obviously the cake in this is a real showstopper but I also really like the little details such as the playing card garland in the background and the playing cards with adjoining ribbon around the cake stands. The striped paper bags make great favours too. There are also some lovely food choices like the individual jellies (If I made these they would definitely be alcoholic!) sweeties, and macaroons all keeping in with the red and black colour scheme.

For more pictures do click over to Amy Atlas here.

Cakes by Gitty

Cakes by Gitty

Cakes by Gitty

Cakes by Gitty

Cakes by Gitty
Happy Monday!

Rachie xo
 

1 lovely comments:

miss b said...

What a clever idea and I can never resist a macaron (any flavour or colour!!)
PS We watched Mary Berry make bread and butter pudding on the TV last week and it reminded me to make it again - just spotted yours - looks delicious!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/