December 20, 2012

Last Minute Festive Hostess Gifts or Favours!

I fully intend on doing some Christmas baking this weekend and because Christmas falls on a Tuesday I will hopefully have a little more time than the usual festive rush!  Woop!  I'm thinking about making some simple favours for Christmas lunch to give to my guests and I have found some lovely ideas I thought I would share with you!

First up is this French Almond Nougat.  My husband loves this so I know it would go down a treat and I didn't even know you could make it yourself! Click over here for the recipe and if you are in the UK you can substitute corn syrup with golden syrup.  Wrap this up in brown paper and use some festive ribbon to dress it up!


http://www.marthastewart.com

Okay this technically isn't a recipe but I thought these mulled wine sachets are such a cute gift and would look lovely as a place setting. Click over here for how to make them! They are super simple!



Or how about some spiced nuts?  You could put these in a jam jar with some festive fabric over the top and tie a little ribbon. I would love to receive these!

http://www.marthastewart.com/
Happy festive cooking!

Rachie xo

1 lovely comments:

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com