November 15, 2012

Present Inspiration: Ask her friends!

Happy Thursday all!

I get sent lots of press releases and information about new websites here at A Chi Chi Affair but I will only blog them if I think they are relevant to my readers. This new one called Askherfriends pinged into my inbox last week and I just loved the concept so I thought I would share it with you.



A brand new, online gift-giving experience that helps guys finally get it right with your present this year, AskHerFriends uses social media to rally together those who know you best and turn them into his own personal team of advisers.

It's simple ?he signs up, chooses from a wide variety of gifts and experiences on offer and puts them into his Advice List, which is then sent via e-mail or Facebook to your friends. They can then rate and comment on his choices, thereby deciding which of them will make you squeal in excitement the most. He has the confidence that you?ll love what he has chosen and you have the best Christmas ever.



 

As someone who is apparently notoriously hard to buy for I think this is just inpired as of course your friends know what you would like!  Also, even if you don't want to share what you are buying there is a really good questionnaire that narrows down the choice of gifts by questions like; Who is the gift for?  How much do you want to spend and what does she like doing? You then get a list of suggested gifts and links to lots of different websites to be able to buy them direct.  Its like a beautifully curated shop where all the products are uniquely suited to the person you are buying for.

I tested this on buying a gift for my Mum and I genuinely got a list of really lovely products that I know she would love (which I must say doesn't normally happen on similar websites that are tied in to specific brands.)

However the best thing about this site is the quality of the recommended gifts and the suppliers Askherfriends have on board. From household names like Selfridges, House of Fraser and Topshop to cool boutiques including Coulson Macleod, Agent Provocateur, Fox and Rose and Etsy. I know that if the hubby used this website I would definitely get a gift I would love to receive without having to drop loads of hints. In fact I'll definitely be leaving this blog post up on the laptop a little bit too long so he sees it :-)

Happy Gift buying!

Rachie xo
 

2 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Fab idea - thanks for sharing it with us all, hun, will have to check it out! xx

Teresa said...

Sound a great idea. Specially for guys :wink:
I need to check it. I guess they send those newsletters to you because they know you recognise value and interest of things and who wouldn't like to be reccomended by you?!
Thank you for sharing with us.