November 08, 2012

My Halloween and Fireworks Party

Happy Thursday all!

We held a little Halloween and Firework Party last weekend at our house. It was quite a low key affair with family and close friends (and lots of little ones!) but I still did a spot of decorating for the party to make it look seasonal. Here's how it turned out...

I dressed the table with the black and white tablecloth that I used at my wedding. Its perfect for Halloween and I used a few props for the table like my white lanterns. I filled my apothecary jars (also bought for the wedding) with some spooky creatures (a frog, a spider and some chattering teeth which looked so fun!) Other decorations were my washi tape tea lights on one of the floating shelves and my decorated mantel complete with skeleton, pumpkins and skull which you can see in more depth here.

Of course I couldn't resist using the stripy straws and some ribbon to decorate as well as some green striped napkins I picked up at Ikea.

With regard to food - I made a scary spider cake and a punch with some eyeballs (lychee's) floating in it! Spooky! We served the usual snacks and also had a BBQ outside serving hot dogs and marshmallows.  My lovely friend Gemma then made some amazing cupcakes and cookie pops which were so beautifully decorated and went down very well!


A Chi Chi Affair


A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

 I hope you enjoyed seeing the pictures as much as I enjoyed sharing them!

Rachie xo
 

5 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Looks like you did a great job, hun! The cupcakes look brill! x

Teresa said...

No punch for me thank you! ;)
And when you read this you'll learn how well you need the spooky part of the event ahahahah
All so lovely. It warms my heart to imagine the wedding items being brought to daily and normal life. A great way to celebrate Life, Love and Happy Moments.
Amazing job, my Dear.
Yours,
Teresa

P.S. Need to bring more shelves or take some books and let that bookend shine in its glory with more space.

Life, Loves...... said...

Rachie, that look fab. the buns are lovely and that cake.I bet it went down a treat,Styling lovely!
J

Teresa said...

Forgot to add that your picture in front od those posters - it was one of the first posts I read in your blog - brought back all you've shared here in the blog.
Lovely memories, so I thought I'd reinforce the THANK YOU for it.
Cheers, Gorgeous!

Lauren said...

It looks fab! Sorry if you've mentioned earlier, but where was the striped table cloth from?