November 23, 2012

Friday Home: Pancakes

If you follow this blog often then you know how much I love pancakes. Whenever possible we'll go out for breakfast and have them with bacon and maple syrup. It is definitely one of my favourite meals. So when the folks from Abra-ca-debora pancakes got in contact to see if I would like to try their new pancakes and make up some new recipes then of course I said yes!  (in fact I said Woo hoo -Yum of course!!)

I had a bit of a think about what I really like to try in a savoury pancake - in fact this isn't really a new thing in my family as my mum always did both sweet and savoury pancakes on pancake day - usually with mince. It was always delicious however I wanted something a little more refined for my recipe and something seasonal.  I had a think and came up with Butternut squash and sweet potato, blue cheese (I used Roquefort) pecans, and thyme as I thought it would make a nice flavour combination.

A Chi Chi Affair
All I did was roast the butternut and sweet potato with a little thyme and olive oil for about 30mins until it was soft...

A Chi Chi Affair

Then I heated the Abra-ca-debora pancake in the microwave for 30secs, mixed it with the Roquefort and pecans and then popped it in the microwave for another 30secs to melt the cheese. It turned out like this and it was so delish! (I actually had two!!)


A Chi Chi Affair

Okay I know you can make the pancakes yourselves but I tend to be pretty lazy with cooking on a week night - the hubs and I get in pretty late from work so this suits us down to the ground.

Then as a very indulgent treat I actually made a dessert pancake with the Abra-ca-debora sweet pancakes. I melted chocolate, used tinned black cherries drained and extra thick cream and it was almost like a Black Forrest Gateau. Black Forrest pancake I say! Perfect for Christmas dinner parties and so quick to make! Its foolproof (even if you always tend to have a few too many drinks by dessert - or is that just me?! )

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

I know your mouth is watering!

You can see more delicious recipes (and some of them are really innovative) on the Abra-ca-debora homepage and you can follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Happy Weekend!

Rachie xo

PS: Although the pancakes were sent to me free - I really do like pancakes and these were yummy! :-)


 

6 lovely comments:

Victoria said...

these look yummy!

Cheap Flights to Abuja said...

We mark each milestone of our lives, so that we know how far we have come.

Flights to Abuja | Cheap Air Tickets to Abuja

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Oh my goodness, these both looks fab, esp. the sweet one. YUM! x

Teresa said...

I was feeling I'd lost Rachie somwhere down the line... but then there was the chocolate pancakes to prove me wrong.

I see nothing wrong to have pre-made pancakes. Why fuss if you can have others do it for you? And sometimes there's that impromptu guests... I wonder what's the deadline for keeping these on the fridge. Still if guests don't come - blast them ahahahah - you can have a late night snack with hubs.

Shallow comment of the day - love the name Abra-ca-debora - gave me a good chuckle and I believe in products that make me smile when reachim them.

Thank you for the suggestion and the recipes!

Jenny @ BAKE said...

These look amazing! I love your savoury fillings, I am definitely going to have to break that out on veggie nights in my flat!

Maureen Stevens said...

this looks sooo delish & sounds healthy!