October 16, 2012

Tuesday Tales from the Week

This week has been all about doing "stuff" around the house - we've had a bit of a resurgence of DIY since the wedding and we are really trying to finish off the bedroom - more news soon! We're also doing lots of work on the garden and I am really enjoying getting our house in order!

Here's what I got up to this week!

I brightened up my kitchen with these pretty sunflowers - if you look closely you can also see my Halloween mantle which is still a work in progress. More soon on that one! We had a man come round to clean our oven so I treated myself to these lovely orange oven gloves and tea towels - love those stripes!  I sent this gorgeous retro card to a friend and I finally bought a new jewellery box. This perspex one from Muji is so useful - I love being able to see whats inside too...

A Chi Chi Affair

This has also been a week of cooking! From Pad Thai on Friday night, to french toast for breakfast on Saturday! Yum! I also made the pumpkin cookies that I posted on Friday and steak burritos from the Wahaca cookbook - its definitely one of my fave recipes!


A Chi Chi Affair


Happy Tuesday!
Rachie xo

4 lovely comments:

Clare said...

Loving your sunflowers and those Jamie Oliver kitchen accessories..

May I ask where you purchased the oven gloves, they are lovely?

Clare xx

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

Clare - they were a TK Maxx bargain! Only £5.99!! xx

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I love the Jamie Oliver oven gloves - so fab! Pad Thai also looks great. Yum! xx

Life, Loves...... said...

Rachie,
Lots of cooking inspiration from you there, and love the Orla Kiely cup and coasters
J
http://www.lifelovesand.blogspot.ie/