October 29, 2012

My Halloween Mantel

Happy Monday everyone! Are you ready for a spooky week? I've been doing lots of shopping for our Halloween and Firework party this weekend and that included decorating our mantel in the kitchen/diner. Most years I just use a few pumpkins with my existing decor but this year I have decided to go a little bit scary in preparation for Saturday.

Do you like my new white candle holders? - I fell in love with the fair isle knitted pattern and snapped them up. I decided to place the mini gourds on them but after Halloween I am going to replace them with some chunky candles  - perhaps some gold sparkly ones for Christmas.   I also love my silver owl which is making an appearance for the second time on the mantel. Pumpkins and the mini gourds add that seasonal touch and a bit of colour.   Finally whilst shopping with my sister I picked up the spooky skeleton, the scary spiders and the skeleton head which adds the finishing Halloween touches!! 


A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

Are you decorating for Halloween?

Rachie xo

PS: I'm debuting a new look on the blog this week - stay tuned!!
 

7 lovely comments:

Victoria said...

they look fab!!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

You did such a great job, hun! I'm so excited for your new design to go live, too!! xx

Teresa said...

Elegant, subdued and creepy enough to be festive.
Well done!

We don't have Halloween. It's an Holiday that didn't stick in my country - only a few attempts at schools to pretend it will ahahahah - so no decor for me but loving all the creations around the net.

Booo to you, Lovely Girl!

Decora Adora said...

In Chile dónt have hallowen. But I lovely you decoration
regard
angelica

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

Oooh I love the 'knitted' candle holders, those are ace! They'll look gorgeous with sparkly candles at Xmas :) Your decor is suitably spooky and I'm loving the skull! My other half hates my gold skull at the moment, had to convince him it was just for Halloween but might leave it there for a while and see if he notices ;)

Happy Halloween darling! xxx

Life, Loves...... said...

Love the different types of pumpkins, and the spiders!!
J
http://www.lifelovesand.blogspot.ie/

The mum of all trades said...

A very elegant Halloween mantel