September 06, 2012

DIY Striped Vases

I have to say I have never really thought about making my own vases but this is such a super simple idea I wish I had considered it for my own wedding!  The method is basically buy some glasses, wrap some elastic bands round them for a simple pattern and spray them with spray paint! Easy!! 

They would look lovely with flowers in, but you could also fill them with tea lights and the candlelight would shine through for a romantic look. You could group them together or use them singly on your tables, paint them all white or different shades for an ombre look. I can also imagine these sprayed silver and gold for your festive table or mantelpiece.  Don't forget you can pick up glasses at super cheap prices like these for £2 for six at Ikea.

Click over to the gorgeous Ruffled Blog for the full write up!

Ruffled

Happy Thursday!

Rachie xo
 

2 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Such a lovely idea. It would be a really quick way to create a joined up look for a scheme! xx

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

I was just thinking of spray painting some of my old bottles that I use as vases and this is such a brilliant idea! Love it! Pinning :) x