August 08, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: The Flowers

Choosing the flowers was far and away my favourite part of the wedding planning. When else in your life can you spend money on such a disposable item?  I really felt like it was my one chance to have exactly what I loved and it was also the one area that I went over budget on! Luckily I do feel it paid off  and I don't regret a penny I spent on them. I cannot tell you how thrilled I was with how the flowers turned out!

The flowers were by Hayford and Rhodes and you can see here how I chose them in this post. They totally excelled themselves!! The flowers in my bouquet were coral peonies, pink peonies, miss piggy roses, pink lisianthus and ornithogalum. I love the bold hand tied shape, I adore the size and I had a black and white striped grosgrain ribbon tied in a bow around the bouquet to add a bit of contrast and to tie in some other details of the wedding.

Segerius Bruce Photography via A Chi Chi Affair

The button holes were masculine and simple with the white ornithogalum and some greenery. The mothers had a wrist corsage with some small white roses on a pearl bracelet.


Segerius Bruce Photography via A Chi Chi Affair

I was also thrilled with the bridesmaid bouquets, Their bouquets were white peonies, miss piggy roses, pink lisianthus and the ornithogalum. I love how the black centres pop against the bright colours. They were tied with chic white ribbon.


Segerius Bruce Photography via A Chi Chi Affair

On to the church flowers! They were a large mass of flowers in a silver urn on a mirrored podium. They incorporated pink hydrangeas, pink peonies and Protea (The national flower of South Africa as the hubs is from there!) I specifically requested only the silvery grey eucalyptus foliage so as not to detract from the pink. I thought they looked stunning in the church and made quite a statement and  we were then able to take them to the reception venue afterwards.




I have to say the reception decor turned out better than I could have hoped. On the tables were similar flowers to my bouquet but with the silvery green eucalyptus. We then dotted around heads of peonies, roses and hydrangea. The peonies were my fave! They were huge. We also decorated the cake with a similar posy to tie everything together.


Segerius Bruce Photography via A Chi Chi Affair

Hope you enjoyed a look into my wedding flowers!

Rachie xo

7 lovely comments:

Elli said...

so lovely colours!!

Victoria said...

They were amazing!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

They were one of my favourite elements of your lovely day, hun! Expertly chosen - the florist should hire you! ;) xx

kates said...

Rachie - your flowers are absolutely gorgeous, love the colours! The texture in your bouquet/bridesmaids bouquet reminds me of mine a little (but obviously in a different colour!)

xxx

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Oh wow! Perfection! The black and white stripes are so fabulous!!!

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

Rachie, these are AMAZING. So so stunning, the colour combination is absolute perfection and the black and white just totally chic. You really out did yourself on your choice of flowers! Stunning! xxx

Elizabeth | Bridal Musings said...

Oh my these are so so SO lovely!!! Gorgeous colour combination and they work so well with the black and white. x