August 22, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: The Decorative Details!

As you can imagine I loved planning all the details of the wedding. Led by the contemporary style of the venue I chose a kind of glamorous city chic theme which suited the London location.    I used black and white stripes as the main pattern and brought in pops of corals and pinks in the flowers that you can see in the post here.  I also used some silver and gold to add a touch of glamour!  

I'm going to let you peruse the photos without too many words but my favourite details are the Cheers coasters that were from Sugar Paper, the little gold drink flags that I made for the cocktails, my sweeties in apothecary jars and of course the stripy straws! (Its not a party without those straws!!)



















Do share with me your favourite details!

All photos are copyright Segerius Bruce Photography.

Rachie xo



8 lovely comments:

Helen Elliott said...

Did you know that Fred managed to collect about 9 of those Flags? - he was on a personal mission and was wandering round collecting them! Hilarious!
x x x

Teresa said...

It's hard to get over the amazing Photograohy skills and focus in a detail but since you insist I'd have to choose third from the bottom.

Why? Because I remembered you going through your choices' process and the colors you wanted and I realise how you pulled the John (man) and Rachael (woman) look so well. Congratulations!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Loved yoru DIY flags soooo much! xx

Lili said...

everything looks gorgeous! congratulations again!

Julie Khuu said...

Gorgeous color story! So modern and chic! I would never think to incorporate b/w graphic patterns in a mix of pink and blush florals! The result is so modern day Hepburn I'm DYING over this design! Amazingly captured, looks like the most splendid event!

Would love to get your thoughts on my most recent hotel renovation when you get a chance! Hope to see you soon!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

I'm totally behind on your blog so apologies for the late comment but ooooh it's all so gorgeous! Love the mixed metals and the domino case - the colours with graphic b&w are just inspired! xxx

Elizabeth | Bridal Musings said...

WOW! Everything is so darn chic ~ love it all! x

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I think I never said how beautiful everything looked Rachie!

Can I ask where your guest book is from? xxx