July 27, 2012

Friday Home: Mackerel and New Potato Salad.

Even  though we only got back from honeymoon on Monday I've already started cooking. I've actually missed it as the few months before the wedding were so manic that I hardly cooked at all and in the last few weeks we were mostly living on take out meals picked up on the way home from work!

I love making salads in the summer and it has been SO hot this week that I didn't want to eat anything heavy.  I've made a lovely Chicken Caesar and then this warm smoked mackerel and new potato salad that I'm sharing the recipe for.  

The great thing about this salad is that its easy to put together, very tasty and healthy too and you can buy the smoked mackerel vaccum packed from the supermarket, no fish preparation necessary! You can click over to BBC Good Food for the recipe here.


BBC Good Food

And here is my version! Excuse the rather blurry pic taken on my iphone. I added some slices of bruschetta too.


achichiaffair

Do let me know if you will be trying this!
Happy Weekend - Its good to be back!
Rachie xo

2 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

We've been eating LOADS of fish in the last week or so as well. It's lovely and light and feels super healthy. This dish looks fab! xx

Jenny @ BAKE said...

This is one of my favourite summer meals!