May 23, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: My Kitchen Tea

A couple of weeks ago as part of my wedding celebrations and to signify the fact that I am joining a South African family,  my soon to be sister in law threw me a kitchen tea!  For those of you that don't know what this is, (as we don't have them in the UK) its a little bit like a bridal shower where the guests give you kitchen implements as gifts! Its really popular in South Africa and Australia.

So my kitchen tea was thrown for me in the most gorgeous little tea and sweet shop near where I live and I have enclosed some pics of the lovely decor there.  It was attended by the mums, (Mum and Mom! - note the different spellings!) both sister in laws, my sisters and some close friends who live locally. It was so lovely! We gorged on sandwiches and scones and sweets and I got so many lovely presents (a few of which you can see here) but also things like tea towels, a giant cupcake mould, cake tins, recipe books, measuring jug, cake slice, cookie cutters, jelly moulds!  Basically lots of useful kitchen items that are just so nice to have!!  The best present though had to be a book where everyone had contributed their favourite recipes.  It was such a special sweet and thoughtful gift! I love it and will treasure it forever!  Here are a few pics!


A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

This was the table decorated with South African and British flags!

A Chi Chi Affair

Reading some of my cards....

A Chi Chi Affair
Look at all the sweeties!!

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

My sisters!

A Chi Chi Affair


A Chi Chi Affair

My soon to be sister in laws...!

A Chi Chi Affair

A South African Hamper full of South African goodies. (H2B devoured this when I got home!!)

A Chi Chi Affair

My book of personalised recipes!
A Chi Chi Affair

As you can see we had such a lovely time! What a lucky bride to be I am!  Roll on the hen night soon!

Rachie xo

4 lovely comments:

Lana {lanalou style} said...

Looks like a fun morning! Yes, we do like out kitchen teas here in SA!;)

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

fun time! and you look super cute in that gorgeous dress!

Bliss said...

This is so lovely - I would have loved to have a party like this when I was getting married! There's such as lot of cool contemporary kitchen accessories out there, and it looks like you have a few of them now!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

This looks like such a lovely event and you look so happy! Love the sweetie store, too! xx