March 21, 2012

Wedding Wednesday - Hair Accessories

I think I may have talked about hair accessories before but now I'm refining my choices I thought I would share where I am...

One day while searching Etsy I found these absolutely gorgeous headpieces by Mignonne Handmade. I think they are so stunning and the below pictures are some of my favourites,  however for me because I'm wearing a full length veil and a statement necklace I think I need to be a little bit understated with my hair...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/mignonnehandmade

http://www.etsy.com/shop/mignonnehandmade

Then on a day trip to The Designer Wedding Show with my good friend Sarah we stumbled across the Emmy Shoes stand - they also do some gorgeous hair accessories and I particularly liked these flower clips. They were so pretty and I loved the intricate beading.

http://www.emmyshoes.co.uk/

However I've decided that, as gorgeous as they are - they just don't go with my dress and really wanted something with a bit of gold in. I actually couldn't find anything I wanted but kept going back to the beautiful designs at Mignonne Handmade. I decided to email to see if they could make me a few bespoke hair clips and they can!!!   I promptly placed an order and I'm waiting for them to arrive. they are to have pearl and gold centres to tie in with my necklace...

I promise I'll share when they arrive!

Rachie xo

3 lovely comments:

alex said...

Simple but nice vintage wedding accessories.

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Those headpieces are stunning! Can't wait to see your custom pieces!

Jim Thomson said...

Really Good Post!!

Fall in love with costume flowers, wedding hair accessories and wedding hair flowers by silk flower wedding.