January 11, 2012

Wedding Wednesday - Music Choices

http://moonlightrainbow.tumblr.com/page/30 via Pinterest

I thought I would talk you through some of the music in our wedding in this post!  We're having a traditional church ceremony and are very lucky to have my good friend Gemma who is a classically trained singer singing during the ceremony. I would like her to sing a more modern piece but I'm not sure what the church will allow so she made need to sing something more classical. Either way I know its going to be beautiful!

For the drinks reception I'm thinking of a Spanish type guitarist to play some contemporary music. I thought it would fit nicely with the feel of the space and also be quite summery.

As much as I would have liked a band in the evening, we've had to make a compromise in the budget   somewhere so we hav  booked Sliding Vinyl who have been recommended by the wedding planner as our disco in the evening. I hope they will play a nice mix of tunes and get everyone up dancing! I cant wait for this part of the evening.

Do let me know what you think of my choices and let me know if you have any suggestions on song choice for the ceremony - it would be very much appreciated.

Rachie xo 

2 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Love your idea for the drinks reception hun! Very suitable for the season and something a little bit different. Sure the disco bit will be a blast! Can't wait for full deets next week! xx

P.S? You need to get yourself to a standalone M&S Home store - went to the one in Cheltenham and I was so impressed!

Lisa said...

We had Sliding Vinyl at our wedding back in December and they were great - they played all the songs we asked and loads of others and there was something for everyone. Our guests did not leave the dance floor all night long - and we were still going strong at 3am...

We even booked the saxophonist as well and he was great value!

You'll have a blast!