January 20, 2012

Storing your favourite recipes!

I absolutely love looking for and collecting recipes, printing them from online, ripping them out of magazines and dreaming about what I can cook.  I currently store all my tear out recipes in this folder that I've had for a good few years now but I thought I would do a bit of a round up of other books and boxes on the market!

A Chi Chi Affair

How about storing your recipes in these gorgeous boxes? My favourite is the one from Rifle Paper Co that I have been coveting for ages. Its so stylish and I love the little cards that go with it. I also found this lovely one from East of India via Mollie & Fred - These would make such a lovely birthday present for someone who enjoys baking, They look so nice on your kitchen counter!

Rifle Paper Co
East of India

The traditional recipe book that you can store on your bookshelf along side all your cookbooks will always be popular.  I really like the vintage feel and the stripes on this one by 1Canoe2 available on Etsy that I found via Poppytalk and I also like this more traditional one from Paperchase.

1canoe2

paperchase.com

Finally I found this really great idea via Eatliveshop blog that I just love. Its a make your own recipe book from Blurb which is such a lovely idea to share with friends and family. My H2B's Mom actually made one for us full of South African recipes that we often use. I think it would be also be a lovely present to receive at a hen night, imagine all your friends sharing their favourite recipes in a book?  It would be so cute!

http://www.eatliveshop.com/

Happy Friday! I'm definitely going to do some baking this weekend!

Rachie xo

7 lovely comments:

jeni said...

i've just been keeping my recipes in a notebook and on pinterest. and i guess, my blog now. =P

these are gorgeous ideas though. i love the idea of a box filled with cards. easy to whip out and follow!

Emma said...

I love the idea of a recipe box - that one from the Rifle Paper Co. is gorgeous.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I need to get one of these so badly as I have scrap recipes torn from magazines all over the place! xx

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Great ideas! I've been trying to organize my favourites into a binder for easy access. I love the make your own cookbook.

Adam & Rosie said...

I bought Adam one from Paperchase - similar to the above but with asparagus spears on it! I'm such a lucky wife having a resident Masterchef!!

Sara said...

Great tips!

Amanda said...

I adore the 1Canoe2 version -so cute!