January 19, 2012

Lovely Table Centrepiece advice

I found this great article over at Celebrations at Home with some fab table centrepiece advice.  I love creating table centrepieces. They are such a focus on your table and they can really elevate things from drab to fab and make your table look special.  For me fresh flowers are a must, I love them! But this article covers other things to think about like size, thinking about blank space, height, and where people are sitting and it really has some great ideas so it's definitely worth a read.

There are also some lovely centrepieces ideas that you can see from the pictures below. I especially like the wooden blocks with the jam jars and the layered effect of using two tablecloths in the third picture.

Celebrations at Home

Celebrations at Home

Celebrations at Home

Do you have any tips when creating a lovely centrepiece?  Click here to read the article.

Rachie xo

2 lovely comments:

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

I think I change my centrepiece in my dining room nearly every week! But I'm the same - fresh flowers are an absolute must and I 'treat' myself to flowers most weeks :)

At the moment, I've got a variety of old bottles and jars of varying sizes, filled them with blooms, added some candles and tealights and just grouped everything with a little gold tray. :) Simples!!

xxx

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I like to think about texture - I think the table should have some tactile elements to it. But grouping, height, scent, colour - all important as well! xx