January 06, 2012

Friday Home!

Welcome to my new feature Friday Home. You'll still see some recipes here but I'll be posting some housewares as well and a peak into my home and the updates we are making!

First up if you saw my bedroom post a few months ago you'll see the bedroom is in full swing! Its coming along slowly mostly because we are doing most of the work ourselves...   Anyway one of the items we are looking for is a new rug as we're putting down wooden flooring instead of having a carpet.  I've been having a look around the web and here are the ones I like!

A Chi Chi Affair

1. Fusion Balance Rug: John Lewis 2.Golden Peaks Rug (the yellow one) from Anthropologie. 3.Delft Blue rug from Urban Outfitters. 4. Calvin Klein Ikat rug from Rug store. 5.Norway rug from M&S . 6 Blue stripy rug from Scandi living

I think my faves are the yellow Anthropologie one and I'm torn between Delft Blue one from Urban Outfitters and the M&S Norway one.  The walls will be grey so I'm not sure I'll be able to tie in the yellow one - maybe I can get it for another room in the house?!!

Which one is your fave?

Rachie xo

5 lovely comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Those are gorgeous!! I am always seized with rug-fear when choosing one of these - I find it so hard to pick just one...I can feel the rug-fear taking hold right now!!

Sarahxx

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Yellow and grey make a fab colour combo hun! Lots of archives on the blog for inspo if you need it. Love that Anthro one and this new update to the Friday series! xx

Jane said...

I love the yellow zigzag patterned rug- very Missoni! Try adding a rug that features different textures- a great way of adding that finishing touch.

Jane :)

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

Oooh love this new feature and can't wait to see how your bedroom progresses! I am the same as Sarah - I find it soooo hard to choose a rug which is probably why I have so few in my home despite the fact that I NEED them in the downstairs.

I love the ikat one and the Urban Outfitters one especially but they are all rather fabulous choices. You can definitely combine the yellow with grey (my bedroom has those colours and you'll find loads of inspiration all over the web)!

Happy Weekend hun xxx

Amanda said...

Oh my, that Delft blue rug is AMAZING!! How can I get one I wonder???? Will look forward to seeing which you choose :)