January 13, 2012

Friday Home: Blanket Boxes

I've wanted a blanket box for like forever! It stems from having internal window boxes in my attic bedroom as a child I think. They are so useful for storage! So its one of the items that I'm hoping to get for the bedroom to place under the bay window or at the end of the bed.

Here are some lovely ones I have found!

I absolutely love the print on this one - and the colours are so fun too. I would love the matching pillows as well. This one is £219 from Made.

www.made.com


This is a much more classic look and I love the blue/grey colour. I'm definitely considering this one also from Made and £179

http://www.made.com/storage/bourbon-vintage-storage-bench-distressed-grey

I've always liked the idea of using suitcases and I am loving the print on this one! £400 from Blanche Dlys Designs

http://www.blanchedlysdesigns.com/furniture/voguetrunk.html

Finally this one is again very classic but has a kind of nautical feel. I love how chunky it is!  £435 from Occa Home


Occa-Home
 Do you have a blanket box?

Rachie xo

7 lovely comments:

L said...

I have completey redecorated my bedroom (in my head!) and once I start to actually do it I really want one of these for it. Although £400 is a bit above my budget :(

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

T really wants one of these for the bedroom, too! Need more space, though! Have a fab weekend, hun! xx

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

I bought a plain pine blanket box from Homebase a few years ago for £19 and painted it white (it's a little more expensive now but they still carry it!).

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=8754176

It's not nearly as gorgeous as these ones but it does store an awful lot! lol Perhaps someday I'll replace it with something infinitely less practical and more beautiful.

Love your choices, I'm sure your bedroom will be gorgeous xxx

Adam & Rosie said...

We have a blanket box that matches our bedroom furniture... I store all of my handbags in it!!

I like the chequered box with Union Jack lid best of all

Sandy a la Mode said...

so cool!! love the vintage one!

Sian's Making a Vintage Bouquet said...

Yes but we called them Ottomans (sp?)
I need one in my life since reading your entry, lol! I especially love the Union Jack one. Feel free to follow my popular blog (4 followers ;-))
Sianny