December 21, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - A Christmas visit!

This is the last Wedding Wednesday for this year as I'm taking a little blogging break over Christmas. I hope you've been enjoying this series - there is so much more to come as the real build up begins next year!

This week we visited Andaz our wedding venue, for a Christmas dinner and to show my darling sister and her husband where we will be getting married. It was the first time we had been for dinner there since we booked and it was so nice to visit again.

We started with a little look around and showed them the gallery space where we are having the drinks reception. We then followed this by a cocktail in the bar.  Mandarin Margarita for me and a mocktail for my sis who is expecting my newest niece or nephew. :-)   I had almost forgotten how beautiful the bar is, the space feels grand but still intimate.

Andaz

We then had dinner in the  restaurant and again I completely remembered why we chose the space for our wedding. I love the stained glass dome in the ceiling.  We had the Christmas menu which was delicious and there were so many lovely touches like some Christmas cranberry butter with the bread, the petit fours being mini mince pies and a complimentary glass of champagne!

Andaz

Andaz

It was such a lovely way to start the festive season and I cant wait to get married there and share the beautiful venue with all our family and friends!

Happy Christmas Wednesday! Come back tomorrow for a look at my decorations!

Rachie xo

3 lovely comments:

Helen Elliott said...

It looks totally different in the light doesn't it - its going to have a different vibe for day and evening, which I think is great!

We had a lovely evening too - you wouldn't have even known that my cocktail didn't have alcohol in!

I simply cannot wait for July - roll on 2012!

xxxx

Teresa said...

July can't get here fast enough :).

The venue is so you and to think how happy you'll be when you step in, it touches my heart deeply.

Meanwhile, enjoy The Season.

Merry Christmas,
Teresa

Rebecca@florencefinds said...

Ooooh! Exciting!

Reading this, Andaz reminds me of our wedding venue, ots the grand architecture and domed ceiling. I always used to sit like you and look up thinking wow! Maybe if you're ever in Manchester we can go sometime. Not long to go for you now!

Xo