November 10, 2011

My Halloween and Firework Autumn Soiree!

Last weekend I had a little low key Halloween/Firework party for family and close friends at our house. It was mostly for the little ones but  I had fun dressing the table in an Autumn theme! I thought I would share with you a few pictures.

I bought some checked orange fabric to use as a tablecloth and  the centrepiece for the table were these red leaves and orange berries from the local florist. I thought they made quite a dramatic decoration and were very in keeping with the season.   You can see the mantelpiece behind that I decorated last week in this post here.

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

I made a cranberry punch using cranberry juice, ginger ale and lime juice and put little lychee's in it to look like eyeballs! The kids loved them and it looked suitably spooky. I used my grandparents old punch bowl that I recently inherited. I love it - its so classic and I hope to use it for many years to come. The little cups are so cute.

A Chi Chi Affair

I also made this Halloween spooky chocolate cake from The Hummingbird Bakery cookbook called The Brooklyn Blackout cake.  It was super chocolatey and although the layers didn't rise as much as I hoped, it still tasted yummy!

A Chi Chi Affair

 Other decor included my little silver Owl and some small pumpkins with my black and white napkins, some stripy napkins from Ikea left over from last year which I thought fitted quite nicely and little spider cakes made using liquorice and orange pumpkin mini cupcake cases.


A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

Did you have any festivities for Halloween or Bonfire Night?

Rachie xo 
 

5 lovely comments:

Helen Elliott said...

How wonderful! xx

Teresa said...

Dear Dear Rachie,

I don't think Halloween is supposed to be this elegant and fashionable ahahahah.

I Love your room. Those prints in the wall, the reading chair with retro lamp... :sigh:.

We didn't have a Halloween celebration but I'm saving your chi chi pics in case I ever want to pull one. :)

5 Stars, Sweetie!!!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

You did such a good job, hun! I love the little spider cakes and the floral centrepiece is gorgeous! Can't wait to see you and J soon! xx

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

Oh I love the little 'legs' on the spider cupcakes - so cute!! (if spiders can be cute? lol)

Love the centrepiece and the tablecloth as well. I didn't decorate for halloween but starting to think I may have to next year after seeing so many fun interiors :)

Kate said...

what a lovely party! looks beautiful :)