November 24, 2011

DIY Christmas Wreaths

Because I have already had my Christmas edition of both Living Etc Magazine and Red Magazine (my favourites!) my thoughts are already turning to holiday decorating. There are some great ideas around this year and whilst looking for decorations to purchase I found this lovely Whole Orange Wreath which really jumped out at me as I'm thinking of going for some quite rustic Christmas decor.  Its a really reasonable price too.

www.prettybeautiful.co.uk

It also got me thinking whether I could make one of these myself but sadly I couldn't find a similar tutorial anywhere.  I did find this how to on drying whole oranges so I'm sure this would help. I will keep looking but do share if you find one.

I  found some really contemporary wreath ideas on Martha Stewart.com.  My favourites are this brilliant pinup wreath for indoors which is a brilliant idea to display all your Christmas cards. Find the how to here.



And given my love for Popcorn I also found this really fun popcorn wreath.  I love the white of the popcorn against that thick red ribbon! Lovely to hang in the kitchen!



Happy Thursday!

Rachie xo

2 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Love RED magazine! They did the most beautiful Chrismtas editorial last year at a country house in Scotland (I think) - Christmas trees on boats, oversized baubles on country lawns... it was stunning! xx

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

ooh the pop corn idea is SUPER cute! I would love to meet you at the Bloggers event we are trying to organise, hopefully you can join us? I don't usually leave this shameful self comments but I would really like to get to meet you finally!! xx