October 19, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - If the dress fits!

This is a very exciting Wedding Wednesday indeed as I have extremely exciting news!! I have found my wedding dress!  Its been ordered, I've paid the deposit and its arriving in the store next year! EEK!

I actually found 'the one' when I went dress shopping on my own a few months ago. It was the day I had left my permanent job after nine years to go freelance and I guess I was sort of embarking on a new chapter in my life.  Its fitting really as I guess the dress symbolises embarking on a new life in some ways too.  I wanted to do something to take my mind off leaving and booked myself in to go wedding dress shopping.

I had read all the magazines and blogs about finding your dress and knowing it was the one and to be honest I didn't really believe it. I thought I would find more than one that I liked and would need to choose. However for me that wasn't the case. I could see that many of the dresses looked nice but this was the only one I was serious about and that I loved. It is exactly how I thought I would look on the day.  Nothing else I tried on compared.

Two more trips later - the final one culminating in my mum and sisters seeing it and we were all sold. I made the purchase, the most expensive dress I have ever owned and the most lovely too.

A Chi Chi Affair

I'm so happy that I found it! Roll on next year!

Tell me about your wedding dresses - did you love them?

Rachie xo

PS: I've been moonlighting over on The Wedding blog Rock my Wedding - do click over to have a read and leave a me a comment!


6 lovely comments:

Amanda said...

Cannot wait to see what you've chosen,I know it will be lovely :) My dress was nowhere near what I'd imagined but I knew it was 'the one' the moment I tried it on.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Sooooo excited to see it (and hear all about it tomorrow!) xx

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

how exciting Rachie, so happy for you!!!

Meera @ firstsense said...

This is so exciting, I'm thrilled for you! I know about finding 'the' dress, I went dress shopping on my own one day (I really didn't know what to expect or any such thing, it was long before I started reading blogs) and tried on a few dresses. I just knew when I had put on 'the one'. I'm so glad you felt the same! It's a wonderful feeling :-)

Love your article on RMW. The first glamping tent looks amazing! I want to go there and glamp!

Meera xx

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

Oh SO EXCITING! Really pleased you found 'the one' - and of course, I mean your dress hahaha ;)

xxx

Obat Herbal Disentri said...

happy wedding,,
thanks for sharing, nice post
Obat Herbal Fistula Ani
Obat Herbal Tulang Keropos
Obat Herbal Kanker Kandung Kemih
Obat Herbal Amandel Kronis
Obat Herbal Vertigo Akut
Obat Herbal Glaukoma
Obat Herbal Ispa
Obat Herbal Disentri
Obat Herbal Varises
GLOW Enhanz
Obat Herbal Kanker Usus Halus
Obat Herbal Sipilis
Obat Herbal Alzheimer
Obat Herbal Epilepsi
Obat Herbal Pasca Stroke Berat
Obat Herbal Kanker Hati
Obat Herbal Kanker Pankreas
Obat Herbal Meningitis