September 21, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - To veil or not to veil

Pinterest 

Pinterest


Now I've always known I wanted to wear a veil for our wedding. I'm not really sure why as I'm not really a complete traditionalist in other ways but it's something I'm quite set on! 

Now It's possibly because it's something you can only get away with wearing that one day in your life, the one thing that sets you apart as the bride and i can't deny that when I've been trying on dresses it's the veil that seems to complete the look. I think that the right one can look very elegant. Also I need to do justice to the beautiful church and can therefore get away with something quite grand!

I always imagined I would wear a long veil just single layer in the back of my hair but recently I've been thinking I might wear a bigger one as I've seen some really stunning classic pics of brides that have chosen this option!

I'm also toying with the idea of a bird cage one after the ceremony! I just think they are very cool! 

What do you think?

Rachie xo


3 lovely comments:

Josie said...

I used to think not to veil, not I think definitely veil!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I love the idea of a birdcage one for after, hun - do it! xx

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

LOVE veils... I had a long one for the church (had to grand-ify) my dress! I think your idea of the birdcage is fab! Do it!