September 22, 2011

The bedroom - initial thoughts!

Okay we've had a little bit of a break since the study was completed a few weeks ago but now Autumn is drawing in so we've decided to kick start the DIY and our master bedroom is next in line! At the moment the bedroom is plain - very plain with a dark blue carpet, dark green curtains (that I really cant live with for much longer) and light blue walls which are in need of a re plaster! I cant even bear to show you a picture yet...  There is no styling going on whatsoever in there so I'm desperate to get going.

Initial thoughts are that we need something calming, somewhere that is a luxurious and sanctuary. We definitely need to replace the carpet for different flooring, get in some more soft furnishings, paint the wardrobe, maybe get some new bedside tables...

Here are my inspiration pics so far.

Pinterest

Pinterest

Pinterest

Pinterest

What is your bedroom like? Any ideas for me?

Rachie xo

4 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Pinned a few of these myself! Bring some snaps along next time we meet up and we can discuss some ideas hun! xx

Pinecone said...

We just moved again - and it always seems like our bedroom is the last thought. I always start out with all of the other problem areas. So...at the moment the bedroom is still the catch all zone with boxes in it. Great space - really makes you want to hang out there :) I know how you feel.
I love all of your inspiration - especially the top image. Something about the paneled boards on the walls and the ceilings makes it feel so cozy.
xo
Ashlyn

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

The bedroom is a tough one because the main pieces (bed/wardrobes/bedside tables) are always quite costly... I'm determined to have a stylish one on a meager budget myself! ;)

We've been in our place for over a year and we are still no where near done with ours, it's always the last room to be considered for some reason!

Love the last image...

xxx

Shirley said...

We have just spent a year renovating our house and have done 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, utility, pantry, kitchen/diner and study. For our master bedroom I wanted hotel chic in calming colours. As I thought the bedroom had a good condition yellow carpet in it, I spent the time up to moving in trying to get my head around yellow which isn't a favourite colour of mine, only to find that the carpet was actually pale teal green! Anyway, I'd already come up with a design so we went ahead anyway with Farrow & Ball Devon Cream (which is actually a pale chalky yellow) on the walls and then satin white woodwork, mirrored bedside tables & vanity unit and soft grey carpet. I made the blinds, curtains and cushions myself. We did the en-suite at the same time and carried the same colours through to there with grey tiled feature wall (Porcelanosa tiles that broke the bank) and white matching Porcelanosa tiles, plus white sanitary ware and storage units. Everybody loves it when they see it and I'm really pleased with the result too :-) You can see pics of it on my Facebook photo's if you want to have a look x