August 10, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - Flowers

I'm seeing a few florists in the next few weeks and I'm really excited. Thinking about the flowers is one of my favourite parts of the planning!  At the moment I'm thinking of corals and pinks, and a kind of a "fluffy" round shape for my bouquet,  flowers like peonies, David Austin roses, ranunculus, anemones and possible some hydrangea.   For the buttonholes I'm hoping I can have small proteas tied with black and white ribbon although I'm not sure how easy they are to get here so I may have to re-think this.

For the church I would like two perspex or white pedestals with vases of something high such as gladioli or delphiniums.

Here is the mood board i am taking to the florist!

A Chi Chi Affair

What do you think?  Do you like my ideas so far?

Rachie xo

4 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I like the idea of the black and white ties and I LOVE the idea of adding drama through having a high display in the church. Good choices so far, sweetie! xo

Helen Elliott said...

oh yes I love this!

normalityandme said...

I could just stare at the pretty flowers all day. Great mood board x good luck with the florists x

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

Oh fabulous! I really adore the combination of the soft pinks and corals with the striking black and white. So glamorous!

You have the best ideas!