July 29, 2011

Our study revealed

I have been talking about the study for ages here here and here. But its finally pretty much finished so I thought I would share with you the pictures! So exciting!

Here is the before!  It used to be a play room and had a rainbow and clouds on the wall which although sweet wasn't really the look we were going for.  This was just after we moved in hence all the junk!

A Chi Chi Affair

And here is the official after!!  Don't you think it looks so much better?

A Chi Chi Affair

The most dramatic change is the bold wall colour which is midnight blue from Homebase  The wooden flooring is also from Homebase.  The flooring makes the room look so much bigger (so much better than the blue carpet) and I love the blue wall colour - its really calming but makes a statement and contrasts so nicely with the white trim.   The art wall (which I blogged about here) really pops against the blue.

A Chi Chi Affair

The desk (from Tesco Direct) and small blanket box (ikea) are purchases that we already had so we just updated the seat by covering it with some fabric from ikea.  In fact we actually used a staple gun to do this!

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

We painted the ceiling white and added a plain lamp shade. We may remove the ceiling rose at some point as I dont think it really goes with the contemporary feel of the room.  The fish (from M&S home) adds some extra interest and I thought it was fun!!

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

We also purchased a new rug which makes it look a bit more cosy. I searched and searched on the high street but couldnt find anything I remotely liked and then I found this one by Scandi Living online. Exactly what I wanted and good quality too.

A Chi Chi Affair

I moved my Anthropologie mug and the Ikea cannisters from the kitchen as they both fit the room nicely. On the picture of the cannisters you can see the fabric of the curtains which is also from Ikea. We actually made them ourselves with hemming tape. Thank you Cassie at hi sugarplum! (she is the queen of the no sew and always gives me inspiration!)  Both the lamps are also new. The white one is from Inspirational lighting and the blue desk one from Ikea.

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

And that's it - we are so pleased with it! Tell me what you think - have you transformed any rooms?

Rachie xo

9 lovely comments:

Victoria said...

Oooh I love the stripey fabrics. Its a lovely room - and so different from how it was when you moved in! I actually think the window looks loads bigger and the dark colour makes the whole room look bigger. Well done xx

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

You aced it, hun! Such a great job. Love the graphic stipes and the deep, navy wall is a winner. We have the same colour in our dining area in the flat! xx

Ashley @ A {Blonde's} DIY Life said...

The room looks great! I especially love all the lightening in the room!

graveyardsandgrasslands said...

Major success! I completely love it! It makes me want to be able to afford my own home NOW!!!

So pretty!

Meera @ firstsense said...

You must be thrilled with how this room has turned out, it looks FABULOUS!!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

It's so fabulous! That wall color is perfect, and I love the stripes. You are so right about the art wall popping on the dark wall. Love it all!

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

Oh I know this would be fantastic and it's even better than I thought :) The dark navy is just gorgeous, so dramatic with the white accents. I'm in love with that floor lamp as well.

Loving the stripes too! Fabulous! xxx

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} said...

Looks fabulous!! Love the navy with the crisp white. And I like the ceiling medallion, good contrast to the contemporary room!

Now I know where to picture you blogging!

Lili said...

no secret i LOVE navy and i am loving your new office! great job!