July 05, 2011

Having a moment with Roses!

I'm definitely having a moment with roses, I am loving them!  It's funny how your tastes change all the time? (anyone else or is that just me!) A few years ago I wouldn't have put roses in my list of favourite flowers but now they are really near the top!

It may be because I am super jealous of my 91 year old neighbours roses. Seriously he has so many and they have been in bloom for ages. I was admiring them at the weekend and he showed me how to cut them to make sure they keep blooming. There are some beautiful colours, yellows, reds, pinks, corals. Every day there seems to be a new colour or variety!  I definitely need to get planting some in my garden.

I took a little picture today to show you!

A Chi Chi Affair

I've also been meaning to post about the beautiful flowers that one of my best friends Bethan had at her wedding last month. I was bridesmaid so got my own bouquet (I always think this is the best perk!) and after a few days when some of the flowers were wilting, I replanted them in my black cube vase. I totally adore the colour of these roses, I think they are called vintage roses, they looked so elegant and combined with the Lilly of the valley they were so pretty!

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

Happy Tuesday

Rachie xo

2 lovely comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

so beautiful,. English roses have this special charm

Tamra of walkswithBella said...

just discovered your blog through Helena - lovely postings you have!!

newest follower- tamra