July 22, 2011

Fantastic Friday Stuffed French Toast

I love french toast! If we are out for breakfast and its on the menu I always order it! My fave ones have been at The Soho Hotel and at Balans - ultra yummy!

As much as I love it I actually havent made it at home so I've decided I'm going to give it a go this weekend!

Here's the recipe from Jamie Oliver

jamieoliver.com

Ingredients (Serves 2)

3 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons runny honey
• 100g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
• 4 slices good-quality sliced white bread
• 4 eggs, preferably free-range or organic
• 1 teacup of milk
• 1 knob of butter
a sprinkle of icing sugar
• a small tub of Greek-style natural yoghurt


Method


Mix the bananas together with the honey and the pecan nuts. Divide the mixture equally between 2 slices of the bread, leaving a slight space along the edges of the bread. Top with the other 2 slices to make 2 sandwiches.

Heat a frying pan over a moderate heat. Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat in the milk. Dip both sides of the banana sandwiches in the egg mixture. Melt the butter in the frying pan. Fry each sandwich gently for 3 to 4 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until nicely coloured and warmed through.

Dust with the icing sugar, cut in half and serve with the Greek-style natural yoghurt.



Happy Weekend All!


Rachie xo

1 lovely comments:

Victoria said...

I made similar the other day but it wasnt stuffed - just like eggy bread but with sugar on - yum! x