July 21, 2011

The Art Wall

I'll be unveiling our study next week (Whoop !! - Its been a long time coming) but first of all I wanted to give you an in-depth look at a couple of features in the room and first up is our art wall.

Because the wall colour is so dark we always wanted to keep to white frames to make the wall a bit lighter but I wasn't anticipating that they would stand out so well. The navy really works against the white.   We've used different sized frames which are from a mixture of Ikea, John Lewis and TK Maxx and also different textures which gives it an interesting look. I'm sure we'll be adding more as time goes by.  

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

Some of the postcards are ones that I picked up from Paperchase. I really like the graphic apple and the rain print (apt for the weather we having in what is meant to be summer in the UK!)   And the London pics are so fun and remind me of my fave city!

The large print is one we picked up in Barbados and I think its so interesting, there is so much going on in the picture. I love having souvenirs from my travels.   We also have a vintage postcard of the beach front in Durban South Africa as that's where H2B grew up so it reminds him of home.

Hope you like it! Do you have an art wall in your house?

Rachie xo


3 lovely comments:

Helen Elliott said...

I love that Rocky - so lush!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I love that print from Barbados, hun! Also, I used that Rain postcard in my first ever shoot for Rue so it holds fond memories! xx

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

The white looks fab against the navy blue - can't wait to see the full reveal! I also love the pops of red in your art and the Barbados print is definitely my favourite.

I do indeed have a gallery wall in my dining room although it's still very much a work in progress - they are so much harder than they look, aren't they! ;) x