June 01, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Bridesmaids


I am very lucky to be having five amazing bridesmaids, both my sisters, my oldest friend Bethan, my good school friend Laura and one of the girlies I used to live with Rosie Peach who now resides in Australia. Truth be told it was a hard decision to have some and leave out others - I wish I could have all my gorgeous friends!

Anyway I'm keen to dress my maids in something that they love and will wear again, so I thought I would give you my first thoughts on bridesmaids outfits.

Here are some pictures that I am liking! I like the thought of a colour palate rather than all one colour so I can put the different girls in dresses that they love.  Isn't this cream/white palate just very elegant. I love how the girls have chosen different styles but they all work well together.



I also really like the different shades of the same colour as shown here. Even though the dresses are different the wedding party still looks cohesive



What do you think?  Do you like a matching look or prefer the non traditional approach?


Rachie xo



11 lovely comments:

Amanda said...

I absolutely LOVE your thoughts!! If I had my wedding over again, I would definitely do things differently with my bridesmaid dresses. #1 I wouldn't go full length gowns, I'd choose something that they would certain to wear again like a shorter style. #2 I would have different styles to suit each girl. #3 I would pick a different colour :) I love both of these ideas above, they are unique dresses to suit each girl but definitely still create a cohesive look.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I like the idea of having different styles of dresses for each bridesmaid, keeping the colours within a range of shades/hues from one colour to keep it cohesive!

Helen Elliott said...

I just love the fact that i'm going to get a gorgeous dress that I get to wear again AND look amazingly stylish for my beautiful sisters wedding! x

Adam & Rosie said...

I just love the fact that I'm going to be a bridesmaid for my bestest friend in the whole wide world at the most elegant wedding of 2012 and have 4 lovely, lovely ladies to keep me company! Having a dress I can wear again will be a bonus but you could put me in anything & I'd be happy!! xoxo

Jill said...

I love the same color but different styles of dresses

Victoria said...

Yay - I love both of these - they look so stylish! xx

Lana said...

I love the idea of a colour palette, the first image is just wow! Definitely no matching dresses!x

ps Happy belated birthday!!!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

I love your idea!!! One of the only low points of planning my wedding was trying to find a dress that would suit all 3 of my bridesmaids. ugh...

Corrie Anne said...

Definitely go the coordinating colors route. And your bridesmaids will love you for it. Although they will obsessively email you options! Haha.

Bethan said...

Fabulous ideas Rachie! I am very honoured to be chosen as one of your bridesmaids! Any ideas on colours yet, or is that a future post?
See you next week when you'll be one of my lushious bridesmaids! xx

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

Definitely agree about the different dresses! We are all different sizes and shapes and what flatters on one girl may not flatter the other. The thing is, you want your girls to all FEEL gorgeous as well as LOOK gorgeous, right? When I got married (many many years ago now), I decided to allow the girls to choose their own style as long as they were all shades of plum (I also allowed them to choose their own jewelry with diamontes as the theme). They all looked gorgeously coordinated but each looked unique and I'm so pleased I did that.

There are million things I would have done differently now but that's one thing that I think totally worked! So pleased you are going that route :)

xxx