June 07, 2011

DIY embroidery hoop cake stand

I found the cutest make on one of my favourite blogs The Sweetest Occasion via Hank and Hunt that I really wanted to share with you!  The DIY embroidery hoop cake stand And its so easy too!!  You don't need lots of expensive props and it looks really effective.

All you need are:
  • Embroidery hoop
  • Jam jar with lid
  • Fabric scrap bigger than the hoop
  • Scissors and pinking shears
  • Hot glue
  • Foam board
 Click here to get the full how to!

Hank and Hunt via The sweetest occasion

Hank and Hunt via The sweetest occasion

The best thing about this is that you can do various hoops and jam jars on different heights and therefore make a really creative dessert table!

Don't you think this is such a lovely idea? I hope you try this out!

Happy Tuesday All!
Rachie xo

3 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

This is so sweet! The buttons make it for me! xx

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

ooh co cute! and btw, loved yesterday's post,didnt manage to leave a comment! had that same cake for a friend's bday a couple of years ago and I had the cupcake version for myself last year and they are delicious!

Meera @ firstsense said...

Very cute and creative!