April 12, 2011

Writing a letter?

When was the last time you wrote a letter? I don't mean sending a card - I send ALOT of cards - I mean like a proper old fashioned sit down and think about what you want to say letter...

My sister actually sent out thank you letters for her wedding and they were so sweet and personal it got me thinking that I would like some writing paper.

Here's my pick of some lovely writing sets out there!

How beautiful is this Laduree writing set from Harrods?  It includes pastel coloured paper, and even some stickers. Very stylish!

Harrods

This set by Cavallini & Co reminds me of writing to my pen pals around the world when I was little. Available from The Paperie 


The Paperie

I do love a monogram and these personalised initial notelets from theletteroom at Not on the high street are lovely!


theletteroom

And a bit more contemporary is this fun set from studioahisma at Etsy  It includes stickers and fun envelopes. Isn't it cute?

etsy.com

Have you written any letters recently?

Rachie xo

4 lovely comments:

Helen Elliott said...

I think its really sad that the art of letter writing is dying out. I have a huge box full of really personal letters written to me over the years by family, friends and ex-boyfriends too and it's just the most beautiful memories that it brings back. Nowadays those letters would be replaced by emails, text and facebook status' and that's sad.

Anyway.. that's kind of why I went with personal thank you letters rather than cards.

Rant over!

Helen xxx

Adam & Rosie said...

I've still got letters from you Rachie that you sent during my first years out here - all written on beautiful paper with matching envelopes & some with funky stickers too - like Helen I keep these in my 'Memories Box' and love to read them now & then! X

Meera @ firstsense said...

I am a bit of a stationery junky, so this is like crack for me! I am swooning!

It's an interesting point you raise about letter-writing. I have kept all my old letters from penpals (do kids these days know what that is?), friends abroad and even boyfriends, and everytime I bring them out, I get hours of reminiscing happy memories and warm fuzzy feelings. Emails/texts will never match that. But... I can't remember the last time I hand-wrote a letter to anyone :(

Sarah said...

Oh, I've been writing so many letters recently. I wonder why I didn't pick it up much earlier. I used to write to a friend in Ozzie when I was young but I kinda forgot how it was like as I grew up. Glad I started again. :) And those Laduree cards are gorgeous - love the macaron cut outs! x