April 27, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - What kind of wedding?

In the last couple of years I have been to four weddings, planned three hen nights (where I have scoured the wedding blogs for ideas) and been bridesmaid three times! In fact I have a whole email folder of things I like! Surely then you would think this would mean I would have more of an idea of what I actually want for my own day.

Sure I'd thought about alot about our wedding before we got engaged (hey - we have been together nearly 5 years!) But always in that vague, unlimited budget, ambiguous, lots of different scenarios way. Sometimes it would on be wine estate near Capetown, sometimes outdoors at a finca in Mallorca, sometimes a chic city wedding and sometimes a Surrey Marquee that I can decorate a million different ways. See how different they are!!

The things is I can see the merits of all these weddings - I know I can make them all fabulous but which one is the one - the one that I will look back on as the most perfect of them all.

You and your wedding
Hiremarquee.co.uk
http://www.clarebrehenyphotography.com/ via Love My Dress

L'avenida

Unfortunately this post doesn't have a fabulous ending - where I tell you I have found our perfect venue - we haven't found it yet but I'll be sure to keep you informed every step of the way when I finally decide what it is I do what!

At least no doubts about the groom :-)

Rachie xo

5 lovely comments:

Helen Elliott said...

I cannot wait to see how this story ends..... it WILL be the most perfect wedding wherever you choose - see you tomorrow for more celebrations! xx

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

L'avenida wedding would be prettttttty amazing! xo

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Can't wait to see what you choose... I know it will be super fabulous!

Meera @ firstsense said...

With your fabulous style and taste, I know it will be perfect whatever you decide on! Look forward to following the journey and seeing where your heart takes you! :-)

Meera xx

Adam & Rosie said...

Agree with all of the comments above - I will be following your wedding preparations avidly and can't wait for the big day as I know it will be perfect - elegant, tasteful & styled to perfection xxx