April 20, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - Initial Flower Thoughts

Is it me or has Wedding Wednesday come round so quickly this week? Its been a whirlwind of researching and visiting venues and trying to clear some head space to think about what we really want! - Much more difficult than it sounds!

And... I finally have my engagement ring back after it being re sized! So happy its back on my finger! :-)

Anyway I've been thinking a little bit about flowers mainly because I keep seeing beautiful bouquets. I have a couple of displays in the house at the moment that my lovely friends gave me (Thank you so much Rosie Peach and KT)  You can see in the bottom picture below that I also added some Camellia from the garden - aren't they beautiful!

Having such lovely displays around the house reminds me how much I love them. I know that picking my flowers and talking to the florist is going to be something that I really enjoy in the run up to the big day!

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

Here are a couple of bouquets that I completely love...

I think anenomes are so striking with the black in the middle and lovely for a city wedding

niceflowerspics.info

The colour of these peonies is stunning!


wholeflowers.com

Black/White Anemones, Fuschia Peonies and Yellow Craspedia - nearly all of my fave flowers in one!!


JL designs


Happy Wednesday

Rachie xo

8 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Hurrah - the ring is back!

P.S. Craspedias are my no.1 fave! xx

graveyards and grasslands said...

The last picture is awesome. It looks like a bowl of liqorice allsorts!

Romi and Bob said...

I like the pink bouquet, bt your arrangments are gorgeous too. I wish I could make flowers look like that. x

Lana said...

Love that last bouquet, so gorgeous!
Enjoy your flowers, they are just as pretty though!x

Meera @ firstsense said...

Love your flowers and the bouquets you've shown - anemones are new to me, but I love their chicness! That last bouquet is STUNNING!

Such an exciting time for you, enjoy every minute of it :-)

P.S. Gave my blog a makeover at the beginning of spring, thank you for the lovely compliment :-)

Meera xx

Pinecone said...

Peonies are so lush and beautiful. I love, love that last photo!!
xo
Ashlyn

ApachesPrincess said...

I love all of the flowers! So beautiful! Also, yay for your ring back!!

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

That black & white bouquet is just stunning, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it (feeling rather ignorant now lol)!

I love having flowers around the house, too bad I'm clueless about flower arranging but it doesn't stop me ;)

Enjoy hun! xxx