April 13, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - the beginning!

Hi all

Happy Wednesday!  As some of you know I recently got engaged :-) so I thought I would make Wednesday's into a post about the wedding planning.  We're definitely getting married at some point next year (possibly spring/summer) so I have lots of time and lots of posts to share with you!

Anyway to set the scene here is a little bit about where we got engaged...

We were holidaying in Barbados - staying at a gorgeous hotel called The House. It was such a stylish place - think white washed walls, white frette linens, wooden decking against the azure sea, and it had such a relaxed vibe!  Now can I just add that we don't stay at these kinds of places all the time so I did have a hint that there might be something going on. ;-)

Elegant hotels

Elegant Hotels 

Elegant hotels

On the Tuesday night the boy tells me he had booked dinner at The Cliff - an amazing restaurant very close by but difficult to get a reservation (even on a Tuesday!)  I dressed up especially -  wearing a coral dress from Ted Baker and it was here he popped the question  - after a delicious meal, sitting on a sofa sipping cocktails overlooking the sea.  And of course I said yes!

Here are a couple of pictures of The Cliff - I have since found out that Mr and Mrs Smith say its among the world's most romantic dining experience. I can vouch for that!!




Next week I'll share with you my initial thoughts on the big day

Rachie xo

PS: If you follow me on twitter you may have got a sneak peak of The ring !

6 lovely comments:

Lisa said...

Rachie,

Hugest congrats on the engagement! I stayed at The House and went to The Cliff myself a couple of years ago. It was amazing....you are one lucky lady! And the ring is gorge!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

When we meet up I have a story about the Cliff involving an ex boyfriend! Can't wait for more deets - I would have been like Charlotte in Sex and the City if I had been there - you know the scene when she stands up in the resturant and yelps with excitement! Haha! xx

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

Oh how gloriously romantic and what a perfect setting! You lucky girl, he's obviously a keeper ;)

xxx

Pinecone said...

What a beautiful spot for an engagement!!
xo
Ashlyn

Lili said...

Congrats again on the engagement!

Meera @ firstsense said...

What a dreamy and perfect setting for such a special occasion!

Oh, I had a peep on twitter to see your ring, O-M-G SO BEAUTIFUL!!

Meera xx