April 08, 2011

Fabulous Friday Food: Bajan Rum Punch

In a little bit of an ode to Barbados (that I came back from last week) I thought today's recipe post would be Bajan Rum Punch! We drank ALOT of this on holiday especially as we were celebrating getting engaged!!  In fact this is a picture of the drink they gave us when we arrived at our hotel to check in.  Truly blissful!

A Chi Chi Affair

Bajan Run Punch

Ingredients:

(Makes about 2 1/2 quarts)

1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice

2 cups simple syrup (equal parts white sugar and water, heated until sugar dissolves)

3 cups dark rum

4 cups water

A few dashes of Angostura bitters

Grated nutmeg

Method:

Combine the lime juice, syrup, rum, water, and bitters, and stir well in a tall pitcher. Pour into ice-filled glasses and grate nutmeg to garnish.

Oh to be back in Barbados now...!

Happy Weekend All

Rachie xo

4 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I could literally grab my passport and get on a plane to Barbados right now. This week has been exhausting! I need some normality (read: a holiday!!). A drink would suffice too though! :) Have a great weekend, hun. xo

Helen Elliott said...

Sounds lusheous and perfect for a gorgeous day like today! Shall we have some tomorrow?! See you tomorrow for some MORE celebrations, we'll not be there until around 3ish xxx

Mr.E. said...

Is it too early in the day for me to make one now? (Working from home today!)

jenna marie said...

auh! I love Barbados! {and Antigua too} Can I go back right now plz?! Anything to capture the mood there has got to be good.

first time to your blog, glad I stumbled on it while I've been out blogstalkn. =)