March 30, 2011

Whats happening in the garden: Spring 2011

Happy Wednesday!

A few weeks ago I posted about the first daffodil in our garden shooting its little head through the soil and since then there have been a few more additions which I thought you would all be interested in seeing.

Its so exciting to see whats  already planted in our garden - its like a new surprise every day!

My mum was thrilled when we first bought the house and I showed her the garden and she immediately spotted the big Camellia bush. She always said the flowers would be lovely when they bloomed and she was right! We have a few flowers and I cant wait until they are out in full force as they are so pretty!

A Chi Chi Affair

A Chi Chi Affair

We also have some gorgeous Forsythia which is going to look lovely in a tall vase when I get round to picking some. I love the yellow colour.

A Chi Chi Affair

There are some late snowdrops which are in shady place and look so delicate and pretty.

A Chi Chi Affair

And then these red flowers - I have no idea what they are: Does anyone else know? - Please leave a comment if you do but they are quite pretty don't you think?

A Chi Chi Affair

And lastly here's a shot of the garden - we have so much to do - we haven't even started yet but I cant wait to sit out there and have some BBQ's this summer.

A Chi Chi Affair

My garden makes me happy - Am I getting old??  (30 in a few weeks - eek!!)

Rachie xo

7 lovely comments:

MissHelenAmos said...

I cannot wait to have a few BBQ's at yours either - yay - I can feel summer coming already, we've just totally ripped a lot of our garden out whilst we decide what we'd like to do with it! Big Kisses Hels xxx

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

you have such a beautiful garden Rachie, I bet you have some fun times when the weather opens up :)

Meera @ firstsense said...

Aww, you have a lovely garden, Rachie. Beautiful flowers and such a lovely space!

Yay for spring!

Meera xx

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

Oh what a lovely garden! As we moved into our place last summer, it was like the garden gave us new gifts every couple of weeks with pretty flowers blooming all summer long. We've got lots coming up now (but not as far along as your garden!) and I can't wait to get out there and really enjoy it! xxx

Hamptontoes said...

Gardening is one of my favorite things to do! My children love to dig in the earth and help me plants flowers too! It's so rewarding to plant and enjoy the blooms year after year!

Pinecone said...

It looks so gorgeous, sunny, and perfect. We are stuck with rain for the next week...or what is going to seem like forever:(
x
Ashlyn

My Vintage Darling said...

Your garden looks lovely my darling! I'm so jealous of your flowers! My Camellia has gone all shy since we moved and hasn't got any flowers this summer :-(