March 24, 2011

Placenames for a dinner party!

I do like an occasion even if its just having friends over for dinner, and for me it's the details that can turn that dinner into a bit of a celebration!

Those little extras really can make your guests feel special, a lovely place setting, a unexpected cheese course or chocolates with dessert or perhaps a signature cocktail.  One nice touch that I am a big fan of are place names.  They can really make your dinner an event and they needn't be complicated or expensive. Here are some lovely ideas!

Not only do these mini cacti/succulents make a lovely place name holder they can also be used as favour for your guests to take home.

http://artfulbride.blogspot.com/2010/03/wedding-inspiration-of-day-diy-seating.html

These are so cute for your summer BBQ event or a relaxed alfresco dinner party.

http://www.bravobride.com/blog/tag/diy-place-card-ideas/

Love the use of apples as a place setting - so simple and can eally add a pop of colour to your table.

http://blissfultree.com/a-is-for-apple-shower/260

Finally these DIY birds nests made out of shredded paper and a quails egg are perfect for Easter and so elegant and you can always use chocolate eggs!  Will be using this for my Easter table!

http://www.weddingobsession.com/2010/04/16/spring-zing-photoshoot-3/

Happy Thursday!

Rachie xo

5 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Love these ideas. I like using a Lemon and a parcel label in the summer! xo

Meera @ firstsense said...

Aww, these are so adorable! What fun I would've had if I'd had these ideas for my wedding... although I may have gone even more barmy with all the choice! :) xxx

My Vintage Darling said...

Oooh I'm loving the place name ideas! Such a fabulous idea. I'm going to organise a big vintage picnic in the summer at a park so I'll definitely be using this idea then!xxx

Interior Design Musings said...

Such fantastic ideas! Makes me want to have a dinner party. BTW, just found your beautiful blog and I'm following! M.

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

Such simple ideas - I especially love the succulents idea and they'd add such a nice pop of freshness on the table! Oooh so many good ideas on your blog, love it! xxx