March 09, 2011

The first Daffodil of Spring!

I was very excited when this little yellow daffodil popped his head through the soil in our front garden the other day. This is our first spring in the new house so I cant wait to see which plants are planted in the garden.

A Chi Chi Affair

The daffodils would look lovely displayed like this.

Via Pinterest

I'm also hoping I have some tulips in the garden, they are some of my fave flowers, I love all the bright colours and I really like the way they have been displayed in this vintage tea caddy.


Via Pinterest

Crocus' are such sweet little flowers, I'm pretty sure we have a few but they haven't bloomed yet. When they arrive I'm definitely going to display them like this. Isnt this pretty?

Via Pinterest

Do you have any flowers in your gardens yet?

Rachie xo

7 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I bought some wild daffs from Columbia Road flower market at the weekend - they smell AMAZING! Great shot with PEN, hun! xo

Lili said...

Soooo pretty!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

I'm SO envious that you have FLOWERS growing in your yard already! My back yard is under about 3 or 4 feet of snow still!!!

Pinecone said...

Nothing yet:( But at least things are starting to green up a bit.
Love the photos!
xo
Ashlyn

My Vintage Darling said...

I love, love, love the crocuses in the teacups! I'm totally going to rock this over the weekend (I have purple ones in the garden at the mo!) I'm so happy that Spring is here, such good smells!!!! Beautiful post sweets, x

christine, just bella said...

Sooo jealous, we still have a bout 4ft of snow to get through!

Sassy said...

Thanks for stopping my blog! I love your flowers :) I have a crocus peeking through the grass and a narcissus. My daffodils are definitely on their way! Can't wait especially after seeing your sunny ones!