March 04, 2011

Fabulous Friday Food: Pancake Day!

Its Shrove Tuesday or in our house Pancake day on Tuesday. As a child this was a BIG deal and I still like to carry on the tradition now,  I dont think I have ever missed a year!! We always have both savoury and sweet pancakes for dinner to really make the most of the day. Yum!  Oh and our pancakes always have to be thin like a crepe...

Here are a couple of fab recipes courtesy of the brilliant Red Online.

Do let me know if you are celebrating!

Butternut squash and Stilton Pancakes. Click here for the recipe.  Don't you think it looks tasty?

Red Online

And here is the sinful sweet pancake, Apple and chocolate crisp - I could definitely eat at least three of these :-)  Click here for the recipe.

Red Online

Finally I found this amazing pancake cake via Eat Drink Pretty - Isnt it beautiful?


Picture via Eat drink Pretty via Sparkle and Hay via Charleston Crepe Company

Have a lovely weekend all!

Rachie xo

9 lovely comments:

Victoria said...

Mums didnt look as nice as these though!!

Meera @ firstsense said...

These looks delicious! Every year I try something different with pancakes so THANK YOU for pointing us to these recipes :)

Pancake cake - ha! Try saying that a few times quickly!

Meera xx

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} said...

You KNOW I'll be checking out that cake! Sloan's party decor is really coming together and I'm getting so excited!!! thanks again for your help!!

Sandy a la Mode said...

omg that last cake looks sooo cool!

Gloria said...

oh my goodness, i'm ready to dig into that butternut squash pancake right now!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Oh I do love Red Online! Fab picks, hun. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. xo

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

Oh these look gorgeous, thanks for sharing! Can't wait til Tuesday :) Have a fantastic weekend xxx

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hi Rachie,

Oooh, yeah! I lurrrrrve pancakes. We have them all through the year as I couldn't possibly only have them on Shrove Tuesday. ;-)

Sarahx

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Oh - these all look so-ooo good. I just worked out and am so hungry! Thanks for some great ideas!