March 23, 2011

The Blue Room

Blue is definitely having a moment - its everywhere! And I'm really loving its fresh look. The different shades can have such a dramatic impact on a room.

From this subtle light blue, such a calming spring like space!

decojournal.com

To this mid blue which is really bright and fun but still feels classic (We have a very similar table in our kitchen diner!)

my deco.com

To this dramatic navy. I love how it makes such a statement but when mixed with white still looks really fresh.

http://erinbrady14.blogspot.com/2010/04/dark-blue.html

And navy is the colour we have chosen for our study. It's still a work in progress, it actually had clouds painted on the walls when we moved in (!) and we have to finish putting up the coving before we paint but I promise I'll show you some pics soon.

And just to combat the fears that the well meaning family have - I know its a small room, I know its going to be dark, and I know navy is a bold choice but I have faith its going to look really fab! 

I cant wait to share it with you soon!
Rachie xo

6 lovely comments:

normalityandme said...

Great inspiration. Am slowly gathering together bits for my romantic navy blue and cream/white bedroom. Glad to know I'm on trend to boot!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Oh, hun, I am having the same concerns from T about our new bedroom. The thing is, I 'm thinking I might paint the chimmney breast behind the bed in a matt black, with the rest of the walls white. He's worried it will be too dark, but I really want to try it! What do you think? xo

P.S. Love me some blues - in wardrobe and interiors!

Lana said...

LOVE room #2! Everything about it! Looking forward to seeing your study pics x

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

Oh you must do it! I love a dark painted room especially with white accents like the last image, there's something so glamorous about the space! Can't wait to see what you come up with :) xxx

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

I'm loving navy walls right now! Can't wait to see your room!

Meera @ firstsense said...

Ooh, I am such a blue girl! Really looking forward to seeing your navy study, it WILL look fab!