January 24, 2011

Tea for two?

We all know how much the British love to drink tea - I certainly do and contrary to popular belief (by some of our international friends) most of us at home, drink our tea from a mug rather than the traditional two piece cup and saucer set. Now don't get me wrong the cup and saucer does get used for special occasions such as dinner parties or when we have visitors,  but at every other time of day for our morning or evening cuppa - the mugs are the favourites.
One of my newest January sale purchases were these fab bright yellow mugs from House of Fraser - they really add a colour pop to the kitchen.   I also love their chunkiness. (Is that a word??!)


Cozy range for Linea at House of Fraser
  Here is my pick of some other lovely tea related items that I thought you might enjoy!

It's A Beautiful Day Mug - Heals

Sprig Tea Cup & Saucer by Donna Wilson at Heals

Navy Stripey Tea Cosie by Posh Pinnies at Not on the High Street

'Time For Tea' Card by buttongirl designs at Not on the High Street.
Lisa Stickly Designs at Debenhams

Do let me know how you like drinking your tea?  Would love to hear!

Rachie xo



5 lovely comments:

Amanda said...

I'm a big tea drinker too - all my cups of English Breakfast are in my pretty teacup and saucer but my herbal teas I have in a mug :)

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

That yellow mug of yours is so cute! I totally thought that you all used fancy cups & saucers!

Meera @ firstsense said...

Oh snap! I also bought those cute yellow mugs in the sales! :-D

Very sweet post, love the adorable tea stuff you've featured. Tea makes everything feel a little better, doesn't it? Time for a cuppa! :-)

Pinecone said...

Rachie,
Well I'm not in the club at all. I hate tea and coffee.
But the cups are so cute...the chunky yellow especially!
Ashlyn

Lana said...

I've been drinking ginger tea lately! Love that fun retro inspired teapot by Lisa Stickly :)