January 06, 2011

School inspired baby shower.

I thought this was a great baby shower that I found via Amy Atlas as it shows that a theme doesn't have to be expensive and elaborate. I love the simplicity of this school inspired baby shower, it looks so effective and would also be perfect for a hen night especially if your friend is a teacher or it would be great for a cute little party before your little ones go off to school or even when your big ones finish school!

Amyatlas.com


The guest book using an old school notebook is such a lovely way to record notes from your friends or advice on being a mum (as they did here!)


Amyatlas.com


I love that the food is also themed around the shower, apples, cookies, sandwiches, are so easy to prepare so loads of prep isn't needed (always a bonus!)

Amyatlas.com
Amyatlas.com


The cute little details like the pencils in pots really make this and props such as your books wrapped in brown paper tied with a red ribbon are super easy!

Amyatlas.com
Amyatlas.com

This cookies and milk bar is very sweet and yummy!

Amyatlas.com

Brown paper bags with treats in as favours is a lovely gift for your guests to take home

Amyatlas.com

Happy Thursday!

Rachie xo

8 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

So cute! I wonder where they got those awesome Diet Coke cans?! So cool. xo

Pinecone said...

Really great ideas. Love the chalkboard easel!
Ashlyn

Kendra {House of Ficek} said...

That is stinking cute! I have a shower for a teacher coming up in a few months, this is bookmarked. You just saved me a ton of time!

Ruthie{Look~Learn~Love} said...

What a great theme. I love the idea of a first day of school party for little ones!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} said...

really cute! love the wrapped books and pencils!

you have the best sources for finding cute parties!!! I need to consult you for my daughter's party in march. all her friends do princessy stuff, I was thinking a brunch, in pjs?! (she's 5) Seen anything in that theme?

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

What an adorable theme!!

Carly {Honey and the Moon} said...

I'm currently studying to be a teacher, so I love this!

x

Adam & Rosie said...

Love it! And how good do the peanut butter & jelly bars sound?! x