January 17, 2011

A Pancake and Pyjama Party!

Happy Monday everyone!


When Cassie at one of my fave blogs Hi Sugarplum left me a message to see if I had any ideas for her daughter Sloan's birthday I was so flattered. We had a brief email exchange and Cassie told me that she was thinking about a brunch or morning party where all of Sloan's friends arrived in their pyjamas. I've put together some mood boards to help Cassie organise her party. Hope you like my ideas! 


1. Decorations. I was thinking about a blue and white stripy colour scheme (like the bananas in pyjamas) but really you don't need to stick to a specific colour scheme. I thought the tables dressed like beds was so cute and I loved this pink and orange pancake table.  All the children should arrive in their pyjamas.

L-R from top: 1. Hostess with the mostess. 2. creativebirthdayideas.blogspot.com. 3.babble.com


2. Create a pancake bar which is a table full of toppings to decorate your pancake which contains a selection of fruits, berries, sauces, jams etc. The table could also include cookie cutters so you could cut your pancakes into different shapes.  For a stylised feel to your pancake table, make little labels for your syrup bottles as below and i also love the blackboard idea which can say Pancake Bar or Welcome to the Pancake and Pyjama party. You could also have a prize for the best pancake!

L to R from top. 1. Greenweddingshoes.com 2.Our Labor of Love via Ashley Meaders.3. Greenweddingshoes.com 4.
sheknows.com. 5.kidsstuffworld.com

3.  Milk Bar. I love these little milk bottles with stripy straws and if you can find the little milk cartons they also look super cute. You could also do a juice bar with different flavour juices.

L to R from top. 1. Alittlepolkadotblogspot.com.2.The Sweetest Occastion.3.Sharnel Dollar Designs

4. Activities. Reading a bedtime story especially a pancake related story like The Runaway Pancake.
and making necklaces out of cereal is always fun!

L to R 1.hudson.wnyt.com 2. http://www.daniellesplace.com/.
5. I found this cute invitations over here and here or you could make your own like the one I made below  using a clipart file from clipartof.com

L to R 1. http://www.etsy.com/people/Dimpleprints?ref=ls_profile 2. http://babyfacedesign.blogspot.com/.



6. Mummy Station: Keep the mum's and dads happy by providing a coffee and bagel bar - Don't those smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels look yum.

L to R from top. 1. planetcoffee.net 2.sheknows.com 3. Break.co.uk





7.  Favours could be your favourite story book, some home baked cookies or even some fluffy slippers!

L to R from top: 1. Penguin Classics. 2. http://gramkinpaperstudio.blogspot.com/2010/07/sugar-cookie-favors-tutorial.html. 3. americangirl.wikia.com

I hope you like all my ideas! Cassie I cant wait to see how it all turns out!


If you are planning a party and would like help with the styling and planning please feel free to contact me at achichiaffair@gmail.com or please do send me your parties to feature as I would love to see them!


Rachie xo

13 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Those milk bottle bars are super cute! Love the mix of dots and stripes.

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

I love all these ideas! You are a party planner extraordinaire!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} said...

I love it all, Rachie!!! So cute!!! I'm excited for her birthday to arrive now!!! Putting it together will be so much fun. I found an etsy seller willing to adapt one of her parties to breakfast theme too! Those tables made like beds are about the cutest things ever! As are the milk bottles and straws!

Awesome job sweets!

Kendra @ House of Ficek said...

Love, love, love it all. You are such a creative girl! I would enjoy this party :)

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments girls - Cassie - I'm so glad you like it!
Rachie xo

Michelle said...

Loving the milk bar idea!! The straws are so cute!

imagine.create.play said...

Love everything about this party plan! Can't wait to have children so I can throw them great parties like this one. Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a sweet comment. Love your blog= new follower!

-barnettcreations.blogspot.com

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Way to go!! Those are such amazing ideas! Super fun. I need you to help plan my kids parties this year!

A Delightful Design said...

What a fantastic post! You thought of everything and it's all so do-able. I'm grabbing my jammies! ;-)
abby

Lili said...

love all the ideas!!!!

christine, just bella said...

LOVE this! I hope Cassie does this for her little girl! Nice job on the inspiration board, girl!

Heather Pranitis said...

I'm stopping over at your blog thanks to Cassie's link and I think she nailed it for her daughter's party with your story boards. You are very talented. PS - I'm a new follower.

Carolyn said...

I'm glad you like my cereal necklace, but you are not following my copyright guidelines. I see that you stated where you got the craft, but I don't see a link back to my web site. Please put a link back to Danielle's Place of delete the picture.

Carolyn Warvel
www.daniellesplace.com