January 04, 2011

Living Room Mood Board

Hello everyone!

Well its a new year and all the christmas decorations are now down so my thoughts turn to decorating the house. I cant wait to tackle the living room most of all since its a room where we spend alot of time. I often blog here and we watch TV and Movies here too.

I want a calming space that is still quite funky so I'm thinking of the colour combination grey and yellow and I've created a mood board. I'm still not totally sure and I'm sure my plans will change and evolve so please let me know what you think. I'm loving the wall paper most of all - kind of colonial with the plantation shutters i reckon.



Here are a few inspirational rooms I am liking...


housetohome.co.uk
Design sponge

housetohome.co.uk


Please let me know what you think!  Would love to hear!

Rachie xo

10 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

LOVE the shutters and the Bouji chair! Great inspirations, hun. xo

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} said...

I love gray and yellow -- and I'd probably throw in a pop of orange or bright blue too. But I know no restraint when it comes to color.

If you find the perfect shade of moody gray, please let me know! I've had 20 paint swatches taped to my guest room wall for 6 months!

Carly {Honey and the Moon} said...

I love yellow & gray--I actually wrote a few post about it, and it was even the color inspiration for our bedroom at one point.

I definitely think it's funky, but still calming.

Kendra {House of Ficek} said...

I love those color combinations! I wish it wasn't so darn expensive to change decor every six months, I'd do it!

Sandy a la Mode said...

i love love love yellow and grey!! it's my fave!! that first wallpaper is to die for!!!

Alicia said...

Loving that hot pink coffee table - sure spices up the room!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

You can't go wrong with yellow and grey! I love the coffee table on your mood board!

Anna Jane said...

i'm obsessed with gray everything. love the yellow for a pop of color!

xx http://seejaneworkplaylive.blogspot.com/

*Dream Weaver* said...

never thought I would love yellow or pink but i am seriously expanding my love for colour. Heart the picks you have made.

asequindressatbreakfast said...

ahhh i am dying over that hot pink table! wonder if i can convince the boyfriend to go for that? :)

http://asequindressatbreakfast.wordpress.com