January 20, 2011

Freshen up your front door!

I'm toying on what to do with my front door entrance at the moment as I really want to liven it up a bit. At the moment the door is a dull black and I've tried to liven it up with a couple of planters either side but I'm still not feeling it.

One idea is to paint the front door (or have it dipped) in a funky bright colour. Here are some of my inspiration pics.

blogs.parisdescartes.fr
cocomale.com
creamylife.com

I'm definitely going to go for a funky door mat. I love this Orla Kiely one.

heals.co.uk

I really wanted some wooden numbers as my house number but I cant seem to find anything that I like.  I've bought some mdf ones that I plan to spray paint but I'm still not totally sure. I did however find these pretty ones from Tillie Mint. I love the cherry design.

http://www.tillie-mint.com/House-Signs.htm

Happy Thursday All

Rachie xo




16 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

A dipped front door? Now there IS an idea! Fabulous! xo

Meera @ firstsense said...

Loving the painted door inspiration! Personally I'd go for a sharp glossy black or royal blue. I've been thinking about getting the same doormat too! Very cute door number tile... I love it all! xo

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I would SO love a colored door, well ours is red but still, not that nice of course

Adam & Rosie said...

I like the orange door best of all... it really 'pops'!! I'll send you a pic of our new doormat bought last weekend - you'll be proud!!! xxx

A Room For Everyone said...

It will be one gorgeous front door area, that's for sure! I can't decide what sort of new front door I want. Who would have thought choosing a door style would be so difficult? Your blog is lovely, lots of inspiration..Rachaelxx

Kristina said...

I just love that teal door. I might have to go buy some paint now!
Kristina J.

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Those are so fun! I love all of the blues, and also the orange!

Kendra @ House of Ficek said...

Nothing says welcome like a beautiful front door. I think I need a transome!

christine, just bella said...

I love all those coloured doors!! Our old house had a red door and I'm dying to paint this one too!

Cupcake Couture said...

Sounds like a lovely plan.
I especially like the mat! x

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

Thank you everyone - its been a great day for comments! xx

Debby said...

It's amazing how painting the front door a bright color can change the look of the whole house. Here's to finding your perfect shade. xo

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

love the inspiration pics! I am partial to the aqua doors. :) Love the fun colors you're considering.

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} said...

I love a painted front door too...mine is red, but would love a brighter color. However, in my suburb, it'd stand out too much and I'd be the 'crazy lady with the purple door' :) it would be amazing on your home though!!!

All things nice... said...

Oh I love duck egg blue doors :) You have some lovely images there

All things nice...

Gloria said...

LOVE these brightly colored doors - so gorgeous! it would make giving directions to your house much easier, so it's practical too :-)