January 12, 2011

A fragrant centrepiece!

The Christmas berries and Rosemary centrepiece here lasted for ages but when all the Christmas decorations were taken down my table was looking a bit dull. I needed something fresh to brighten it up and decided to make some easy centre pieces using some herb pots.

Here is how...

Take some herb pots, sticky tape, 2 kinds of ribbon (one thin and one thicker) and some fabric. I used some embroidery fabric which had a nice texture.


Cut the fabric down to size and make sure it fits around your pot.


Stretch some some ribbon across the fabric and cut it to size.


Tape or stick it in place.


Lay your second ribbon over the top and secure down.


Wrap it around the pot and secure at the back.


Here are the final pics. Don't they look so pretty and fresh for the new year?




Let me know if you try this! Hope you liked it!
Rachie xo

4 lovely comments:

Michelle said...

I love herbs! I just planted some myself. Hopefully they will turn into a full-fledged plant like those.

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

So cute!!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Such a great idea - and really simple to do, too. Thanks for sharing, hun! xo

Lili said...

these are lovely!