January 07, 2011

Fabulous Friday Food! Cranberry Smoothie

It’s the first fabulous Friday Food of the year - I hope you enjoy these posts so do leave a comment if you do and I'll continue. To be honest I was feeling a bit uninspired with the recipes especially since everyone I know (and me!) is doing a healthy eating regime at the moment!


incrediblesmoothies.com

However then I remembered the left over bag of cranberries that I have in the freezer, I bought them as I was going to attempt some cranberry sauce for Christmas which never happened so I stored them away and I thought they would be great for a cranberry smoothie. I've never had one before but I do enjoy vodka and cranberry ;-) so its gotta be yummy and as well as that cranberries are super healthy, full of vitamin C and especially good for us girls :-)

Netdoctor.co.uk

It actually took me a while to find a proper low cal recipe but here it is courtesy of utterly recipes

Recipe:

Handful of cranberries

250ml cranberry juice (I'm using the diet one)

Handful of grapes

400ml of natural yoghurt (I'm using the fat free one)

Handful of ice

Method

1. Wash the cranberries well and remove the stalks.

2. Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend away until the smoothie is nice and er..smooth.

The grapes will make the smoothie sweeter but are by no means essential!!

This will certainly wake you up in the morning!

Happy Weekend All and thanks for all your comments this week - its been a great week for this little blog!

Rachie xo

4 lovely comments:

A Delightful Design said...

Looks good, but does it taste good?? I'm hoping that my extra 4lbs from vacation will just magically disappear and that no healthy eating will be necessary. Just kidding, but keep up the food posts! I love recipes.
abby

(You might enjoy my family/food blog. There are links to recipes at the top. http://themancheskys.blogspot.com)

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Thanks for all your lovely posts, hun!

Happy Friday! xo

Pinecone said...

Oh I so need to be more healthy...I tend to go for a coke in the morning (since I don't like coffee)to get me going. Really bad!
This does look refreshing!
Ashlyn

Alicia said...

A cranberry smoothie sounds so refreshing - now I'm craving a smoothie this AM!!